You know how important it is to protect yourself and your content, by making sure you have a clear idea of the collaboration you will be embarking.
Our Word template helps you with create your first agreement between you and your favourite brands.
It includes a timeframe for your collaboration, how to protect your images and attribution, as well as a clause field to make sure you let know brands how you are expected to react in case you are not happy with their product.
Clauses you should include in your document
- Depending on the type of collaboration and requirements of this agreement, I will disclose ant “material connection” with the Brand, including the fact that I provided with certain experiences or have being paid for a particular service. “Material connections” may be defined as any connection between me as an influencer and a Brand that could affect the credibility audience give to that Influencer’s statements. Important examples of “material connections” include benefits or incentives, such as monetary compensation, loaner products, free products or services, in-kind gifts, or special access privileges provided by a marketer to me as an influencer.
- Disclosure will be clear and prominent enough for the audience to view it when they are reading my posts. This means that the disclosure should not be buried behind links. As per advertising guidelines, this disclosure is required regardless of any space limitations of the medium (e.g., Twitter), where the disclosure can be made via hashtags, such as #sponsored, #paid or #ad (the latter of which preferably at the beginning of the tweet).
- Any statement will always reflect the honest and truthful opinions and actual experiences. Any posts and/or comments will in good taste and free of inappropriate language and/or any content that promotes bigotry, racism or discrimination against an individual based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability sexual orientation or age.
- In an effort to accurately relay brand names, product attributes and program information, I should only make factual statements about Brand or Brand's product’s characteristics or quality which Influencer knows for certain are true and can be verified. For example, I should not make statements about the performance of a product unless provided with support for such claims.
- Intellectual Property is the group of legal rights to works that people create or invent. Intellectual property rights typically include copyright, trademark, and trade secret rights, as well as the right to use someone's name, likeness or voice. The brand should never post or share any content that violates or infringes the intellectual property rights of the influencers - any use of their content should be applied in compliance with the terms of this agreement.
- Any sponsored content as well as ambassador content will be compliant to all applicable laws, rules and regulations. This also includes the terms, conditions, guidelines and policies of any social media platform or service that Influencer uses in connection with the services provided by me as an influencer.